AgrAbility Outreach to Migrant and Seasonal Farmworkers: Fotonovelas and Beyond
September 2, 2010
3:00 p.m. EDT; 2:00 p.m. CDT; 1:00 p.m. MDT; 12:00 p.m. PDT
Migrant and seasonal farmworkers play important roles in the U.S. agricultural landscape. Many suffer from potentially disabling conditions, such as arthritis, back impairments, diabetes, and hypertension. However, reaching out to this population with health information can be challenging, especially for those unfamiliar with Latino culture.
Join AgrAbility for this free webinar that explores a variety of outreach options for reaching migrant and seasonal farmworkers, including a new fotonovela titled ¿Podrá ser la Artritis lo que me causa Dolor? (Could Arthritis be the Cause of My Pain?).
- Amber Wolfe, National AgrAbility Project/Arthritis Foundation, Indiana Chapter
- Martha Stiles, California AgrAbility Project
- Esmeralda Mandujano, California AgrAbility Project
- Crystal Martinez, California AgrAbility Project
- Paul Jones, National AgrAbility Project
- Additional content from Karen Funkenbusch and Willard Downs, Missouri AgrAbility Project
A question & answer period will follow the presentation.
To participate in this free webinar, email firstname.lastname@example.org by August 23 and simply put the word "Webinar" in the subject line. If you need closed captioning for a hearing impairment, please note that in the body of the email. Instructions for accessing the session will be sent to registrants by August 30. Feel free to pass on this invitation to others you believe may be interested. Contact AgrAbility at 800-825-4264 if you have questions.