March was a busy month for Kansas AgrAbility. Project staff presented sessions at:
- State Conservation Commission Spring Workshops (Grainfield, Garden City, McPherson, Manhattan, and Chanute), March 3-11, reaching more than 300 conservation district managers, supervisors, and NRCS field staff.
- Kansas Dairy Association Annual Meeting on March 21, reaching 50 Kansas dairy producer families.
- National Agriculture Day Workshop at the Soldiers and Family Assistance Center, Fort Riley, reaching 20 active duty soldiers in the Warrior Transition Battalion with a message about AgrAbility services and how to access services in their home state after discharge.
Kansas AgrAbility also staffed exhibits at:
- National Farmers Union Convention, March 14-17, in Wichita, Kansas, attended by more than 400 farmers and ranchers from across the United States, Europe, and Africa.
- 50th Mid America Farm Exposition, March 24-26, in Salina, Kansas, attended by more than 10,000 people.
Submitted by Kerri Ebert