National AgrAbility Project
AgrAbility 1991-2015: 25 Years, 25 Stories will be the theme for the 25th anniversary intiative.
If you are interested in providing a story for this initiative, let Paul Jones know by Friday, September 4. See details below.
- AgrAbility 1991–2016: 25 Years, 25 Stories
- Combine compelling stories and convincing statistics + basic program info
- Stories topics can include anything from AgrAbility's history: client success, significant initiatives, etc.
- Multi-channel campaign:
- Social media
- Release individual stories and videos throughout 2016
- Print publication
- Containing all 25 stories and links to multimedia
- Conventional media
- Press releases, radio interview, etc.
- Dedicated page on NAP website
- Event in Washington, D.C.
- Debut print publication
- Invite key stakeholders, clients, etc.
- July or August 2016
- Possible "AgrAbility Day" during Farm Safety and Health Week 2016
- Do you have a story from the past 25 years that illustrates AgrAbility's impact?
- Let me know your interest by September 4
- We only need your idea for the story by that date
- If we decide to use your story, eventually, we will need:
- About 200 words of descriptive text
- At least one high-resolution photo
- A signed release form (if it is a client story)
- Video footage or assistance in obtaining such. ("Slide show" videos are an option; see example at https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LJuEaWpuWEI.)
Submitted by Paul Jones
Cindy Chastain presented an AgrAbility overview via Skype to the Farmer Veteran Coalition staff on July 23d. Although Michael O'Gorman, CEO of FVC, is very knowledgeable about the mission of AgrAbility, the rest of his growing staff appreciated much of the information that was new to them. She was able to share information and discuss opportunities to cross-promote the two organizations, as well as how best to support farmer veterans.
Submitted by Cindy Chastain