National AgrAbility Project
Getting Ready to Go to the NTW!
- Make sure you have registered for the conference.
- Make sure your hotel room is booked.
- Plan some fun around the conference! Check out www.visitportland.com for ideas.
- Solicit donations for the silent auction and live auction items.
- Get your state’s raffle basket ready! We had a great showing from our SRAPs at last year’s event, and everyone enjoyed taking the chance to win.
- If you would like to ship items in advance of the event, Lani Carlson of Maine AgrAbility has agreed to receive them! Ship to: Maine AgrAbility – University of Maine Cooperative Extension, 138 Pleasant Street #1, Farmington, ME 04938
The NAP has just completed a mailing to every county Extension office in the U.S. Now is a great time to make with Extension personnel in your state. The mailing included:
- A cover letter describing AgrAbility's mission and the packet enclosures
- AgrAbility 1991 - 2016: 25 Years, 25 Stories
- AgrAbility: A USDA Program with Demonstrated Impact
- Arthritis and Gardening
- NTW save-the-date postcard
- The Next Mission postcard: resources for veterans in agriculture
In addition to the 1862 Extension offices, the mailing was also sent to contacts at the 1890 and 1994 land-grant institutions.
Submitted by Paul Jones
Linda Tarr represented the NAP at the American Farm Bureau Federation Annual Convention in Nashville, TN. She worked the AgrAbility booth at the trade show and attended general sessions, including the ending session where President Trump addressed the group.
Submitted by Linda Tarr